How do I change the description of the email address for RSVP messages?

So, i've set up my event and all is working fine. The RSVP confirmation email message comes from the right email address I set up (training@smartchangesolutions.com), but the description of the email address is 'WordPress' (WordPress<training@smartchangesolutions.com>:wink:.

The issue is that when the message comes into a client email inbox, the 'From' column will show 'WordPress' only, not 'Training@smartchangesolutions.com' and I'm afraid the user will not recognize it, get confused, ignore it, or the mail client will send it to the junk folder automatically.

In any case, I'd like the description to be different, even if only for branding purposes but I can't find anywhere in the admin options where I can change the description. Is this possible? How?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @MSanchez

You cannot change that in the plugin settings. You would need to translate a string in the plugin using a language file.

I believe you'll find the string that needs to be changed in events-and-bookings.php at line 832.

I may be wrong though (it happens) so I'll see if I get the plugin developer to provide some direction. hang on...

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologise any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

• MSanchez
    • Flash Drive

Kimberly, thanks for following up...you are very diligent!! Yes, I did get it resolved but actually I had to figure it out myself (and I was actually pretty proud of myself because it was actually a very simple solution!).

By the way...in the spirit of feedback and continuous improvement, the Events+ and Membership plug ins seem to use two different ways of communicating with subscribers (that's one of the things that was throwing me off). I would have expected both plugins to have integrated messaging settings so you would not have to go to different places to set those up. It was really confusing. Also, neither the membership or Events plugins automatically override the default email sent to new subscribers which is what I expected after setting up the communication. Anyway, I ended up having to install another plugin that disables the default settings. Simple trick! no messing with code!!

Thanks again!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I am very proud of you!

I always prefer a lesson self-taught, especially when it's a simple solution :wink:

In response to your feedback, we are hoping to have the new recode of e-newsletter capable of doing all that you describe :slight_smile:

We hope to have a big new release here soon, then adding new templates and integration with all of the plugins that do external communication :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@MSanchez

I had to figure it out myself (and I was actually pretty proud of myself because it was actually a very simple solution!).

I agree with @Kimberly Lipari on that. Digging in and finding a workable solution by yourself is one of the most satisfying treats you can offer yourself.

Congrats! And keep on having fun :slight_smile:

• MSanchez
    • Flash Drive

I agree and thanks for the congrats. And though I kind of enjoy this type of thing, this isn't my gig...I do it because I have to but I sure could have used a shortcut sooner. I spend way too much time trying to figure it out. It really takes time away from focusing on my business.

Thanks again!
    Marcelino

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.