How do I change the div ID of an eNewsletter element?

At the top of http://craftbrewchronicles.com, my theme has an option for users to subscribe to posts or comments. This section has a div ID of "subscribe" which is the same div ID tag that eNewsletter uses for all of it's opt-in forms. This is causing my style from the top of my page to be applied to this form. It only seems to appear to users that have already subscribed as I cannot see it in incognito mode of chrome. If you need screen prints I can provide them.

Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello David,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I just visited the site but did not see anything odd.

Can you please provide me the screenshots so that I can look into it deeply to see what can be done :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• David
    • New Recruit

Hey PC,

Attached are the screenshots. You will see that the eNewsletter opt-in form uses a div ID of "subscribe," but this ID is already in-use in my theme so the wrong styles are being applied whenever a person who has already subscribed visits the site.

Thanks again!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey David,

Greetings and thanks for posting back.

I just tried and understood what is happening.

Let me take a quick feedback from our lead developer on this. He should be here sooner than later.

Please note, that it might take a while before we get a response from him as most of our team members are away for the NYC meet on this weekend.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• David
    • New Recruit

Hey PC,

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I am sure that I could FTP into the plug-in file and change the div ID, but I am not sure what other styles/functions are dependent on that ID and I REALLY don't want to break the plug-in, haha.

More importantly, no one seems to be able to sign-up for the newsletter! I just noticed that whenever someone signs-up, it automatically unsubscribes them.

Thanks for your ongoing help!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

More importantly, no one seems to be able to sign-up for the newsletter! I just noticed that whenever someone signs-up, it automatically unsubscribes them.

That was me :wink: I unsubscribed after signing up :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• David
    • New Recruit

Actually, I tried three times after this with forwarded email from various domains that I own and it auto unsubscribed them. See attached (sorry for not greying out the email before, I thought that I had uploaded the copy with the black-bar, but must not have. I couldn't find a way to delete the attachment).

As you can imagine, this new secondary problem takes precedent over the formatting issue as I cannot currently take on new subscribers.

Thanks again!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey David,

See attached (sorry for not greying out the email before, I thought that I had uploaded the copy with the black-bar, but must not have. I couldn't find a way to delete the attachment).

No worries, I also display my email in my profile :slight_smile: so no stress with that.

As you can imagine, this new secondary problem takes precedent over the formatting issue as I cannot currently take on new subscribers.

Just to ensure that its not your theme, can you please activate the default WordPress 2012 theme and see if you still see the same behavior ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey,

About the ID - you can add styling to it with more detailed selector like this:
    ".e-newsletter-widget #subscribe {....."
    This should help!

About subscribe ->unsubscribe, i just subscribed, am i unsubscribed? If yes, i will look into this.

Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.