how do I change the layout of shortcode [eab_single]

Is there a way to change the layout (or html template) for the shortcode [eab_single]?

• Dimitris

Hey there VisiblyWP,

I trust you're well today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Anything apart from CSS rules, should most probably require some custom hard-coding inside the plugin's files. As you can see in /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_shortcodes.php#419, the "template" parameter of the shortcode is using:
    'template' => 'get_shortcode_single_output', // Subtemplate file, or template class call
    which can be found in /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_template.php#749 and calls "get_single_content" function which can be found in /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_template.php#35.

Hope that was some help,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello VisiblyWP!

I'm afraid that these aspects that are not already "prepared" to be modified in a different way - via action hooks/filters, custom template files or just CSS - would need to be modified directly in the code if such modifications are necessary.

It's best to try to achieve as much as possible in that case with CSS or even JS code in order not to touch the plugin but if there's really no other way, I suggest taking a full backup of the plugin and the database (in case anything went wrong) and also keeping a note of all the modifications that were made.

That being said, do you think that what you wish to achieve wouldn't be possible with just CSS/JS?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.