How do I change the membership end date in my membership database?

I have imported 86 existing members into my new website with membership plugin and they have all been given a membership end date of one year from today. In fact they all have different membership end dates. How do I change the date - I'm willing to do it manually. This is really important and a 'show stopper' if I can't change the dates. I see from the forums that other users have had the same problem for a year or so now.
Gill

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Gill Buchanan,

I can confirm this isn't possible without editing the database. As Steve mentioned as well, I'd advise doing a database backup prior to this.

Are you moving from another system? Or where are the existing members coming from? Could you provide a bit of context on the situation? If you're willing to do something manually, perhaps we could figure out a better workflow here.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Gill Buchanan
    • Flash Drive

At the moment I am using a bespoke website with a database where I can download CSV files. I have imported one of these files into my Wordpress site. I did import the membership end date in the import file but as it's not a field on my new website I can't see it and obviously the default is give a membership end date of 1 year fro the import date.
    I am willing to do something manually so please let me know what I need to do.
    Thanks
    Gill

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Gill Buchanan,

The membership end date wouldn't be imported because it's actually stored in another table.

I'm still not sure how I understand how your old site worked. Was it using Wordpress with/without Membership? Or just a custom site altogether?

I'd recommend getting started by creating a user ID reference chart. From your old database, you'll need a table containing something unique such as an email address, and the expiry date.

Then, you can go to your current wp_users table and see the user ids associated with each email address.

Next, pull up the "wp_m_membership_relationships" table. The user ID you see here is the same as the one from "wp_users"

So by cross-referencing your original data using the info from "wp_users" you can find out which user_id's need to be updated to which expiration dates.

You might be able to do some sorting in Excel (or your spreadsheet application) to speed up this process, but the actual editing will need to be done manually.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Gill Buchanan

Ok sounds good. Let me know what you find out. With that database storing the expiration date in a relational table it just gets a little tricky. If my explanation above is confusing at all, or if you need anything else just let me know and I can try to clarify further.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.