How do I change the menu color - and the dividers and the other default accents?

Hello,
How do I change the text color of the top menu?
Actually I just saw a post on how to change the menu color. Unfortunately it requires CSS code which will not be easy for my clients to manage. I really thought it would be one of the theme colors. Now the top menu text color is changed, however the dividers are not. In addition the accent line at the top of the header image remains the default theme color of mustard as well. I understood that these accents were changed by changing the default theme color pallet - but apparently not. I would really appreciate some help with this and for when I have a lot more time - is there a guide somewhere for each template?
Thank you!

• Ash

Hello @Tamara

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question :slight_smile:

Please try the following css:

#page .unewnavigation-top-nav-style ul.menu > li.menu-item:before{
        color: #ef4801 !important;
    }

.upfront-region-container-header .upfront-region-container-bg{
        border-bottom: 2px solid #ef4801 !important;
    }

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lucky7

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach with all the modifications that must be done as css code. I want to update my web business (started in 1995) using wordpress with an easy drag & drop type front end for my clients to be able to edit their pages easily after I have created their sites. I have always used Joomla and only learned Wordpress a couple of months ago.

I am finding the Upfront difficult - because images and text are not lining up, changing a color pallet selection does not change everything in that color but changes some things - it seems a little random. If there is a color pallet and i change an accent color in that pallet, I expect all accents in the color to change to the new color but that's not the case. Why would the bottom container border not change color with the rest of the elements in that accent color?

I would also like to watch a detailed instruction video on how to use upfront but I can't find one - nor can I watch a complete video about anything as all the video's say I need to sign up, when I am already signed in.

I know I sound miserable and you'd never know I am an optimist, but this is driving me crazy. Really. I need to get moving on my project and I spent 2 hours trying to line up some images above some text - extremely frustrating. If I have issues with such basic functionality of this product, it won't due for my clients. Perhaps I am simply uninformed... Can you possibly direct me to a good detailed lesson in using Upfront? I'm just about ready to give up on this product.

• Ash

Hello @Lucky7

I hope you are doing good.

I am sorry to know that you are having some issues. Please note that, no drag and drop page builder can do the job 100%. There will be some limitations.

We have a tutorial series on upfront: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-basics/
    There are total 7 more posts.

There are some elements, that you can't change color easily, in those cases you will need custom css. But alignment of text and images should not be any problem.

I can take a look of aligning text and the image, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also, send me a link in which page I should check.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.