How do I change the subject header of the email I receive from Appointment+?

Hi,

One more quick question, I hope ... when a client books an appointment, I receive an email with subject header ""New appointment on Sue White". Is there a way this can be changed? For instance, could it say "New mentoring appointment on Sue White" instead?

Thank you! Very grateful of any help provided.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please try to edit /wp-content/plugins/appointments/appointments.php line no 4658:
    $this->_replace( __('New Appointment','appointments'), $r->name, $this->get_service_name( $r->service), $this->get_worker_name( $r->worker)

Change "New Appointment" to something else and let me know if it works for you. Meantime, I am searching for any solution from back end.

Cheers
    Ash

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Ashok - Our posts crossed

Hi @Sue

If I've understood correctly then could you try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then Select A+ Settings
    Then Select the 'General' tab
    Scroll down to the 'Notification Settings' section
    There is a field called 'Confirmation Email Subject'

You can then add the text your require.

e.g. adding SERVICE in upper case will include the name of the Service in the email subject header.

Any of the following are valid SITE_NAME, CLIENT, SERVICE, SERVICE_PROVIDER, DATE_TIME, PRICE, DEPOSIT, BALANCE, PHONE, NOTE, ADDRESS, CITY, EMAIL (Client's email),

So you can wrap some text around some of these attributes

This is the same for the Reminder email

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @pxwm

It's great to see you here. And thank you so much for your suggestion. I have already tried your suggestion but it's changing the subject of confirmation email that is sent to provider, but not to site admin. I am getting a different subject when it is sent to site admin.

Would you please confirm?

Cheers
    Ash

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Ashok

Apologies I misunderstood the issue.

I've re-checked and my suggestion only appears to send to the client making the appointment.

I do recall a feature request that asked if there could be additional Confirmation and Reminder email subject header and message fields so it could be configured for the Service Provider and Admin.

It would be good if you could check with @Vladislav if this is being considered as you would have my +1

Regards
    SteveB

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi SteveB

No need to apologize please. Sometimes we do some silly mistake and it happens :slight_smile:

About your feature request I will sure discuss with Ve and hopefully we will get a positive result from him :slight_smile:

Back to the point, @Sue, is your issue fixed?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Sue, please make sure you have noted down the changes. As when you will update your plugin, the changes will be lost. So, it's worth to note down the changes and apply again after your updates.

I am glad that it helped :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.