How do I *completely* uninstall MarketPress?

Hello all you beautiful people,

So I was trying to modify Marketpress....Annnnnd I broke the plugin.

So I tried just deleting it and reinstalling it.

The problem is that some remnants of the previous install remain. And it's still broken.

How do I completely uninstall Marketpress so that I can try again with a fresh install?

I imagine this involves databases or SQL or something, neither of which is my forte.

Explain it to me like I''m a five year old.

Gratitudinally yours,
Katy

• katypurviance

Hi David,

Well, there's actually a LOT of modifications I want to make, but I think I'm going to need a MarketPress wizard to work that magic for me.

What I was doing was simply changing some termss. Mine is an educational site, so I was going through the files and replacing these words:

Store .> Course Catalog
    Product -> Course
    Author -> Facilitator
    Publish Date -> Offered on
    Category -> Subject
    Sales -> Students
    Shopping Cart -> Office of the Bursar
    Order Status -> Enrollment Status

I wish there was an easier way to customize all of the terms, but I just went through all the marketpress files until it seemed like I had changed all the terms.

Except what I think I did is accidentally changed some of these words in the functions themselves...which is what broke the plugin. I think.

So, when I uninstalled and reinstalled, I saw that all of my Store URL Slugs were still set. Which is okay, but that's how I knew that the plugin hadn't been completely deleted.

But now, when I go to the Products Page....my test courses don't show up.

Egad. I should just start over, right?

• katypurviance

Oh Solostrength, I wish I could say that I was able to completely uninstall. The Ghost of MarketPress caused me a number of problems. For example, even though I had deleted the plugin, I could still see my test products when I clicked on my Blog tab...but I couldn't see my blog posts!

In the end what I had to do was do a fresh install of WP in a new folder. Luckily, this happened on a test site in a test folder, so now my new install is in a folder called Test2. While it's possible to export your site content so that you can import it in a new install, it only exports your site content. But, since this a new site with complex features, I had almost no content, just a lot of plugins, structure, and settings. So I redid it all yesterday. Whew.

It's just part of the game, y'know? Best of luck to you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.