How do I configure marketpress to approve products before publishing?

How can i configure market press to hold a product publishing until the admin approves it?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

With that you'll want to use WordPress' roles and capabilities. If you give a user the role "contributor" then they won't be able to publish posts, only submit them for approval by an Admin or Editor.

You can set a user's role by finding their username on the Users page, clicking edit and changing their "role" - which is just below their username.

You can also set a new user's role while you are creating their account under Users > Add New. It's the last drop down item before Add New User.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!

• Eric
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Brian,
    Thanks for the response. Is there any way to automatically assign a contributor role to the creator of a subsite?
    ie. a user creates a subsite and becomes a contributor of his own shop (blog), then when that user adds a product the network admin has to approve it.

Regards,
    Eric

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Yes, that is possible. Go to Settings > General. In the middle of the page there is the "New User Default Role" setting. Set that to Contributor.

However I must warn you, while users with the Contributor level can't do anything destructive to your site, they can make your job of administering a site really annoying.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.