How do I convert fb "locale" to plaintext "country" and "language"?

I'm using BP1.5.1 and Ultimate Facebook... I notice there's a really sweet way to map FB profile data to BP signup info. Two questions:

(1) If I'm also using AutoChimp to connect WP/BP to my MailChimp account, then will profile data get all the way from Facebook -> WP/BP -> MailChimp?

(2) Facebook has "Location" but that's just the latest check-in spot for a user... and then it has "locale", which is a pair of ISO codes for country and language ...

I would like to have PLAINTEXT country and language (i.e. country "The Netherlands", language "Dutch"), rather than the ISO codes "NL_du" or whatever...)

Any way to get from one to the other? Or to extract country name from facebook in a more human-readable way?

Many thanks,

Aaron Sylvan

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

1) If AutoChimp simply copies the profile fields over then that would be my assumption, yes. However, it's not a plugin I've used so couldn't say with any certainty.

2) That's more of a feature request as it's not something UFB can do at the moment. I'll tag it as such and add it to the list for the developer to look into.

Cheers!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.