How do I create a Course Press webpage in Avada Theme?

Hey,

I can't see how to create a CoursePress page on my website. I want customise a page to look like the other pages on my site. Creating the course is straight forward but it's comes out as a basic blog page which I haven't able to edit. Could you advise please?

Is there a manual available? That would help massively.

Many thanks
Anthony

• Michelle Shull

Hello there, Anthony! Happy Sunday!

We can make this work, as long as our CoursePress shortcodes will work within the Avada theme. As long as Avada follows most of the WP standards, it shouldn't be a problem. Let's test it real quick by doing the following:

1. Open a new page, name it Course Test or any name not already used by CoursePress.
    2. Paste the following shortcode into the content of that page:
    [course_list]
    3. Save your page and preview it.

Do you see a list of your courses on the page, or do you just see the shortcode? If you see the list, you're in great shape, you can build your own course pages using the shortcodes we included with CoursePress.

You can find the whole list under CoursePress Pro > Settings > Shortcodes. We included several parameters for each shortcode, so you can mix and match to get exactly what you want on the page on the page.

Will this help?

Thanks, Anthony!

• Adam Wallis

Thank you Michelle, Happy Monday :wink:
    Thank you for coming back to me quickly.

It has worked to a degree, as the only short that work properly is the one you sent me all the others I have tried haven’t at all or partially. I’m not sure if i’m writing the coding right either. I've attached screenshots.

Also there is an error code even just with the [course_list] code alone.

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/27/2211127/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 170

What do you see is the problem and is there an solution?

Thank you
    Anthony

• Michelle Shull

Thanks for the extra info here, Anthony!

First up, there's a new version of CoursePress available. It may not fix any issues for you, but it will keep us working with the most recent version.

Next, once you've upgraded, if it still doesn't work, I'd love to take a closer look at what's happening behind the scenes, if that's okay. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Also, I will definitely keep your results of the shortcode test in mind if I recommend it to others! I'll start using a different standard there, since we've seen the course list shortcode work when others don't.

Thanks, Anthony!