How do I create a duplicate WordPress page?

I want to create a new website.

But instead of doing it all over from scratch (themes, adjustments, plugins) – how can I duplicate this website (lanabos.com) and create the new one exactly like it (dalailana.com)?

I hope my questions makes sense!

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Lana,

There are several plugins here you could use for this process. If none of them suit you, the EXPORT and IMPORT functions built into WordPress would take you most of the way right out of the box.

As far as WPMU DEV plugins go, Snapshot is awesome. You could possibly take a snapshot of your site, and then import that snapshot into another site. I’m not 100% sure that’s how it would work, and if that’s all there is to it, but as far as I can see so far, it should work.

If you’re within a multisite network, and you’re wanting to copy to another site within the network, grab Multisite Content Copier, and use that.

And of course, if nothing else, backing up the database and all of the files, and then actually moving them all for the new site, and importing the database “could” work…but anything that’s hard-coded or directly linked to the old domain (not relative links) would have to be changed throughout manually.

Better off using one of the other three options there, depending on your situation.

Hope that helps!

Charlie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.