How do I create a new page based on a page I just made?

How do I create a new page based on a page I just made? I want to keep the format of the page I made, and use it to clone to make more pages. I have the sidebar widget all set up, and just need to change content and elements on the main region.

Thanks.

PS. I have a few questions out on the community, and have had some really helpful responses, but I cannot figure out how to respond to thank those people who have helped me.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Charles,

Hope you're doing well today!

Page layouts are unique per page; however, post and custom post type layouts can be copied across all posts of the same time :slight_smile:

When saving a change to a post, it will ask if you want to apply to all posts of that post type, select yes then it will. We are experiencing an issue with this right now where sometimes it won't apply; however, the developers are aware of it and fixing it asap.

As for copying the page layout. I think that's a great idea. I see you have made a new post on that too, so I'll flag that as a feature request.

PS. I have a few questions out on the community, and have had some really helpful responses, but I cannot figure out how to respond to thank those people who have helped me.

In order to reply to your tickets you will need to visit our site and sign in :slight_smile:

You can view all your past tickets on our website here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/profile/kcquantumsolutions

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Charles,

I hope you're well!

In order to apply layout changes to all types of posts (including custom ones) or - as you say - copy the layout across all posts you need to edit any of the posts of selected type, click save and then select "All posts of this type" in the popup box. This will apply the changes to for example all blog posts or all products or any other posts of given type. Please see the attached image.

As Tyler said, however, there's a slight possibility that it won't work as it should. Our developers are working on fixing this problem.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Charles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I does not work, I have probably hit that button 100 times today. It always reverts back to the original layout.
    I needd 2 of the regions deleted, and a sidebar with 6 widgets on my blog post set up. I have others that will be contributing posts, and I cannot babysit this site every time one of my authors will want to post.

• Charles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I just updated to the new version of UpFront. (0.2.6)
    I did a sweep to clean things out (CleanMyMac2), went into an existing post that I set up the way I wanted it, then hit the "All posts of this type" on the way out.
    Than I added a New Post, and it worked with my custom layout.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! for fixing that!
    Nice job!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Piccia,

Would you mind creating a new thread? That way we're not bothering Charles with notifications here, not to mention it helps keep things better organized for us so we can provide more efficient support for all our awesome users, like yourself! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your understanding here!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.