How do I create a new page template in Upfront Builder?

Hi,

How do I create a new template for a new page type in Upfront Builder? For example, if I wanted to create a new contact page layout. Similarly, how do I create a new layout for a post?

When I click on the LAYOUTS button I can edit existing layouts or create new ones from the list in this screenshot. But that's very limiting.

I've seen these options in the Editor but not in Builder - and previous support questions have confirmed that I don't need to use the editor if I'm using the builder.

I don't know if it's just me but the more I use Upfront, the more frustrated I get. I've decided to use WPMU Dev's tools in the quest to build my own agency after quitting my day job - and I'm spending most of my time grappling with Upfront, asking support questions and wondering if issues are bugs or just lack of clear documentation. I know it's a good system it's just not at all intuitive.

• Sajid

Hello Dave,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can create contact us page layouts in Upfront Builder too. In your case, just select "Single Page" from the dropdown and save it as contact-us.php (see screenshot).

Now, design this page the way you want.

I am sorry for your frustration regarding the lack of information. Please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you need further assistance with any matter. We are always here to help :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Dave

Hi Sajid,

Ok I'm an idiot - it's official!

I hadn't spotted the tiny green scroll bar on the drop-down menu under 'Select new layout..' It makes sense now. I thought the only options were those visible in the screenshot. D'Oh!

To be honest, I've seen a couple of instances where a short drop-down menu has been hiding a much longer menu , and caught me out thinking there were only 2 or 3 options to choose from.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Dave

• Dave

Hi Sajid,

Ok I'm an idiot - it's official!

I hadn't spotted the tiny green scroll bar on the drop-down menu under 'Select new layout..' It makes sense now. I thought the only options were those visible in the screenshot. D'Oh!

To be honest, I've seen a couple of instances where a short drop-down menu has been hiding a much longer menu , and caught me out thinking there were only 2 or 3 options to choose from.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Dave

PS. I've just tried marking this as resolved and clicking POST but I get the following error: