How do I create a page for subscribing to Enewsletter?

Hi guys, I have the eNewsletter plugin from WPMU DEV and although I do have a slide in for people to subscribe I would also like to have a page where visitors can subscribe.

Can you please advise how I can do this?

cheers,
Kelly

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi there, Kelly! :slight_smile:

You can use this shortcode to include the subscription form wherever you need it.
    [enewsletter_subscribe]

The shortcode has 3 parameters that you can customize.
    show_name enables/disables the “Name” field in the form for site visitors.
    show_groups enables/disables the group selection for site visitors.
    subscribe_to_groups auto-subscribes users to the groups specified by ID.

An example for you: [enewsletter_subscribe show_name="1" show_groups="0" subscribe_to_groups="1,5"]

You can also try our other plugin - Subscribe by Email. Then, on your page, you can simply type this shortcode to display a subscribe form on any page, post or other post type: [ subscribe-by-email-form ] or you can click the envelope icon in the WP Visual Editor that allows you to insert that shortcode. See attached screenshot. :slight_smile:

If you want to add other custom fields, you can do that through Subscriptions > Settings > Custom Fields. Please see another screenshot.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask more questions, Kelly, if you have any. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Aicee

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Aicee this is awesome I went with the subscribe by email plugin :slight_smile:

Regarding the custom fields - is this something where I can get them to choose to subscribe to everything or particular items such as; newsletter, blog, onsite courses, elearning courses, webinars...

Cheers,
    Kelly

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Aicee,

Sorry one more thing I wanted to do here was to offer them a "free gift" for subscribing. In my scenario this would be a downloadable shortcut quick reference guide for MS Word or MS Excel - I would like to give them a choice...

Cheers,
    Kelly

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi Kelly! Hope you had a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, at the current version of the plugin, it's not yet possible for the users to choose categories on which to subscribe to. For now, you can manage categories to be sent but subscribers can only subscribe to a post type for the moment. But this has been already added to the features list of the plugin.

Please check other recent thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/modify-plugin-subscribe-by-email

Cheers,
    Aicee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.