How do I create a responsive FrameMarket/MarketPress website...?

Hey guys.

How do I (easily) create a responsive WP site that models the example shown here...? http://wp-ecommerce.org

Thanks.

Scott. =)

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

YIW themes upset me. I have built four WooCommerce stores that clients wanted Sommerce or Mayashop on and they are a dirty bloated awfully engineered mess. YIW adds all of the code for like 9 different sliders on every page and none of them are worth using. I typically edit out all the bloat manually then add a widget area to the header for a commercial slider option. The themes are slow and stuffed full of bloatware that other plugins handle far better.

There are better authors out there.

Also, wp-ecommerce is about as user friendly as wishlist member. In both cases, the plugin rides a 3 year old reputation for quality that is no longer justified.

• illustratemedia
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Imperative Ideas,

I've only purchased the theme because they're using exactly what I needed. I've pretty much finished the website already, rather than faffing around with something I didn't know how to use. The documentation for YIW has been extremely helpful. To be honest, I commend them just for their ability to be able to do what they do. The theme was bought on the basis of their great design skills, which is what is most important to us as a design company, and likewise to our customers because that's what we're paying for.

People like YIW save us so much time and consequently so much money off our customer's bills as well!

I don't fully understand what you mean by your last comment, but oh well!

=)

Scott.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Scott and Ian,

Thank you both for your input which is certainly appreciated.

I usually am the most Un-PC of the bunch hear at WPMU DEV but I believe you are both right in your perspectives - I shall explain.

Though I am not myself personally familiar with YIW, I think they do it like everyone else and there are many different authors of the themes making the experience purchasers get a hit and miss thing depending on the author.

I know for a fact Theme Forest does it this way and I just wanted to point this out as a possibility for the different experiences you each received with your purchased theme.

May you both have a AWESOME upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.