How do I create a static page that is limited to only students of a course?

I am currently setting up CoursePress Pro for an offline (in person) class. The idea would be that each unit, in this case meaning class session, would have just a high level overview for what will be done that day.

What I am trying to do is add static pages to a course that would have material only available to those enrolled in the course. Static pages would contain basic stuff like a syllabus, doc files with some guidance, pdf downloads, etc that aren't necessarily tied to any specific unit.

Some of this material would be sensitive and shouldn't be available to anyone other than students who've enrolled into the course.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there James,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

You can simply use your course units for your special content, as CoursePress provides you with some default content elements that can be used like text, image, video etc.

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back here if more assistance is required on this!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hi James,

we could use a specific body class as every unit has a unique ID.
    Inspecting the unit page of my test installation, I can extract the body class that I need, in my case page-id-19.

In my case, a CSS like the following should do the trick in a plugin like this :wink:

.page-id-19 .next-button {
      display: none;
    }

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.