How do I create a store like wordpress.com

Hello
So I want to create a store tab on the backend of my network just like wordpress.com. I want to user pro+ site to create a package of features for one price. But I also want to offer individual offers for example, allow users to remove ads only, or upgrade there size of the their media only.
Also I want to sell premium themes individually but also as a package full of premium themes for a fixed price.

Any help will be appreciated as always!

Thanks
Waldemar

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, WrSantiago! Hope you're well today.

I'm unsure about the store tab, I'm logged into my WP.com account, but I don't have a blog there, is that required to see the store? Can you grab me a screenshot of it?

As for your other needs, we can get you started with our ProSites plugin. Some of the features you want would be feature requests, or may need some outside development to accomplish.

But I also want to offer individual offers for example, allow users to remove ads only, or upgrade there size of the their media only.

This would be a place you'd need to extend ProSites, for example. ProSite features are attached to the level, not the individual user/client, so there's no ala carte menu for individualizing plans. It's a great idea, so I'll mark it as a feature request. You might speak with an independent developer about extending ProSites, if it's critical. We don't add every feature request, but we do take member requests into account when planning plugin updates. We've got a Jobs Board here, the devs there are members like you, they don't work for us.

Also I want to sell premium themes individually but also as a package full of premium themes for a fixed price.

Like the above, this isn't possible out of the box, but this is something you can do another way. If you bought the themes you're wanting to sell as a bundle, you need to check the license agreement to make sure you're authorized to use the theme on multiple sites, just to cover your bases.

What you could do here is sell upgrade packages as products, like with our MarketPress or other ecommerce tool. You could create an upgrades page for your ProSite paying customers only (this may need another plugin.), they could select and pay for the upgrades they want, then you could add them to sites individually as orders come in.

I'd keep most of the features in ProSite levels, or at least as much as you can, and save the really special items to sell as products.

I mentioned another plugin may be needed to protect the upgrades-as-products page, we've got a great plugin that would work here, Membership 2. You could create a membership level for your prosite clients, then show the product page only to them, it would be hidden from everyone else. Membership 2 has some additional features you don't need to activate (you wouldn't need to worry about payment gateways, for example, just access rules for that one particular member group.)

MarketPress: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/
    Membership 2: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

Hope this helps!

• WrSantiago

Hello Michelle Shull
    Thanks for the quick response!
    This is a sad reply, I though there were going to be some great news but apparently my request is out of my leagues. I guess at some point I will need to hire someone to make my dream come true.

Question: Are you sure their is no way to sell themes? I already talked to the club and they gave me the green light to resell their themes.

Again thanks for your help!
    Waldemar

• Jude

Hey Walemar

You can sell themes individually or as packages using our MarketPress plugin.

I agree that getting a dev is a good idea as that saves way more in terms of time, energy and stress than you will spend. I've seen so many people give up frustrated because they tried the DIY method without the background experience.

You will still be able to easily manage the sites and make small changes ..

Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.