How do I create a test in coursepress and associate a passing grade with it?

I would like to create a test with multiple single answer questions. I would also like to allow them to retake the test if they fail. This is standard functionality that I would assume would be integrated into any learning environment. Am I missing something here because I see no way to give a test.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mlysiak,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can set the pass grade and attempt limit per question as seen in my screenshot, so if you wanted to make sure the students got them all right before moving on then you can make the passing grade 100% and uncheck the limit attempts :slight_smile:

We do have cumulative grading already added as a feature request too. So you could combine several multi/single choice questions and make an overall grade, which would be preferred in this case I would think.

If you have further questions just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• mlysiak
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Is this feature being added or is it just a request at this point. I need to know if I need to find another solution or not. If it is in the works are we looking at a possible release in 1-3 months or 3-6, 0r 6months to a year. Also is there a beta available? This is not a production feature on the site I am working on yet so I would be more than happy to beta test.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mlysiak,

Thanks for your reply. This is still in feature request stage right now. Usually feature requests go from being asked for in the forums, which is when we move them into the features and feedback forum, once it gets enough requests then we flag it for the developer to look further into.

This one has been flagged, but hasn't started development yet so it's really difficult to say when it would be finished. Likely closer to 6 months+. I am adding your thread to the ticket though so we can notify you when it does get released :slight_smile:

Hope that answers your question and let us know if you have any further questions. Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey @mlysiak,

This feature is being built into the next big update. We are working on CoursePress 2.0 right now which will add a ton of improvements and refactored code. That is the update that this will be included in :slight_smile:

I still don't have an ETA at this time but a developer is actively working on this update now.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello v1ktor

I hope you are doing well today!

Currently, we can't provide an ETA to prevent disapointment if the deadline is missed, however we are working on the CoursePress 2.0 daily, testing it to ensure that there will be no issues once it officially will be out.

The CoursePress 2.0 it's very complex plugin and it requires time to ensure that we will deliver to you a ready to use, best quality plugin.

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia.

• David
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I would also assume that if you're going to offer a "course" plugin, that tests with multiple questions would be a standard option. Is it possible to embed another quiz such as WP-Pro Quiz into a Coursepress page?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey David,

I've tested this out just to see and currently there is a js conflict with embedding a WP Pro Quiz into a CoursePress Page, so that's not possible at the moment but I'll flag one of our SLS staff(coding experts) here to see if there is a quick fix we can apply so you can do that in the meantime :slight_smile:

Either myself or an SLS staff will reply back once they've investigated further.

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. Keep in mind SLS staff deal with more complex threads so can sometimes take a little longer to reply than normal.

• Tyler Postle
        • CGO

Hey David,

Heard back from our SLS staff - I have good and bad news, unfortunately more bad than good.

We were able to fix the conflict that was stopping the quizzes from starting by removing the hook that inserts the content which is adding paragraph tags on new line of the script.

However, there is also a conflict with the CP editor that is causing the marking logic to go all wonky. It doesn't mark the quizzes correctly now, which I know is kind of ironic given that was the whole purpose of using WP Pro Quizzes in the first place :slight_frown:

This marking logic issue would be more complex to fix, and out of the scope for our SLS staff especially since CP2.0 will fix the grading issues within CP1.0.

I'll still attach the fix that will allow you to try the quizzes inside the CP text element in-case it's something you would like to investigate further.

This was just a quick fix and it does involve editing one of the WP Pro Quiz files, so would need to be re-edited after each update.

Upload the attached file to:

wp-content/plugins/wp-pro-quiz/lib/view/

overwriting the existing: WpProQuiz_View_FrontQuiz.php

Sorry we weren't able to get this working for ya. CP2.0 is still a little ways off at this point but you can get a preview of what it will be like by trying out one of our Academy courses, our Academy is built on CP2.0.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
        Tyler

• David
          • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks! It seems like the only way to get it to work correctly is to embed the WP Pro Quiz on another page and just link to it in CP for now. I need the grading to work for my students. Is there any update on CP 2.0 release date or offerings for Beta testing?

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

No problem. Not at the moment. Using it for our Academy is kind of our own internal test run of it, and it's shown us some issues so we've been working on those. Once we're happy with it there then we'll get it packaged up and ready for everyone. We plan to do a beta testing round with members as well in our test center once we get it to that point: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/test-center

CP2.0 is essentially a re-write of the plugin and we want to make sure it has a much better release than 1.0 did, as that one was too rushed - our mistake!

So, it's still a ways off right now. Likely talking months more than we are weeks unfortunately, but just don't want to make it sound like it will be out really soon when it won't be.

Cheers,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.