how do i create store, product pages?

I installed MPress and created a product; however my site does not have a link from the homepage. How do I create a store, cart, product page?

http://ns.pulsohispano.com/store/products/translation/

• aecnu

Greetings alexandegn,

Thank you for the great question.

I have never had to do this before so I am going to take a crack at it advising the way I think it can be accomplished.

First create a page titled "Store" not including the quotes but including the capital "S"

Then in that page for content lets put the following coding:

Welcome to our online store! Feel free to browse around:

[mp_store_navigation]

Check out our most popular products:

[mp_popular_products]

Browse by category:

[mp_list_categories]

Browse by tag:

[mp_tag_cloud]

And then save the page.

Next check the URL http://ns.pulsohispano.com/store/ and see if your store front comes up.

Please advise if that does the job.

Cheers, Joe

• alexandegn

Joe, thanks for the suggestion. I got the code from the settings page and the code now is located in one the blog side bar.....

But I still have problems with the check out process. I set up my paypal but I get an error.....

Can u please try adding an item to a cart and then trying to check it out?
    This error appears after I enter my contact information, then the confirmation page appears with nothing in it, I click check out and I get the error in the screenshot below....

Please help

• aecnu

Greetings alexandegn,

Happy to see that you have found those shortcodes but of course the "store" page is still missing I found when visiting your site tonight.

In addition, when I went through the checkout no gateways were presented to be chosen from and of course it indicates no total was sent to the PayPal gateway according to the error.

That will take some digging into as to why that issue is happening to include a run though standard trouble shooting protocol to find out why at the "checkout" point the gateways, even if it is only one is not showing as a choice.

Did you remove the gateway choice from the code?

If not then it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings alexandegn,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.