How do I customize default page templates and add new ones to use in my GridMarket Network?

Can I modify GridMarket page templates?
a) Default Template
b) Full width
c) blog news
d) contact

If not, can I copy the "Default Template", use that to create new templates, and add them to the Edit Page - Page Attributes - Template pull down menu:
a) "blank template" (new page without reply function at the bottom) and
b) "shop template" (new page to help shop merchants add graphic header, etc., not sure how to do this part yet as it may require adding functions), and
c) I may add in a "gallery template" as well.

Can I modify the "Store" template (found in new site - Settings - Reading") to forgo creating a new shop template. Then I could set "Store" for the Front page - static page for each new shop. This Store template is reaallly ugly.

Can my custom.css affect the whole network of shops (perhaps done in Theme Permissions for MarketPress somehow)?

Issue: I have successfully removed the reply function from the network homepage, but now I cannot edit that page anymore, nor can I recall how I modified it. I must have removed the function from a php page and broke my access. I can still add new pages using the default template, etc.

Thank you Team!

• MoniQ

In Gridmarket theme, I copied grid.css and pasted to custom.css to make changes for primary site. I am wondering if that custom.css will affect new sites I add. I will find out when I create my first shop tomorrow.

I will give page templates a go first.

(Aside, I still don't know how to edit my primary site "homepage or index". After removing the reply functions at the bottom of the page, I broke access to edit. All other pages I added after that are fine.)

Thanks.

• MoniQ

Working with GridMarket. I have gone through page templates in the wordpress.org codex, and tried to create a simple blank page template using page.php to start. I reduced that even more to look like this:

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: Blank2013 Template
    */
    ?>
    <html>
    <head>
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="content">

<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'page' );?>
    	<div class="clear"></div>

</div>
    </body>
    <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    </html>

The result is a page with my html content added via the page editor.

BUT after that follows the dreaded - "Edit", "1 response to about us", ... "Leave a Reply" blog or comment template - this is what I want to get rid of.

I do not have an extensive knowledge of wordpress, to be able to walk through the mine-field of templates, php, etc. to know what exactly "content" and "page" pulls in and how.

Thanks.

• MoniQ

This is what I want in the page content:

<div id="post-2" class="post-2 page type-page status-publish hentry">

<h1 class="post-title"> … </h1>
        <div class="post-content">
            <h2> … </h2>
            <p> … </p>
            <p> … </p>
            <h4 style="padding-left: 30px;"> … </h4>
            <h4 style="padding-left: 30px;"></h4>
            <h4 style="padding-left: 30px;"> … </h4>
            <p> … </p>
            <h2> … </h2>
            <p> … </p>
            <p> … </p>
            <div class="clear"></div>
            <span class="edit-link">
                <a class="post-edit-link" title="Edit Page" href="https://artcommons.ca/wp-admin/post.php?post=2&action=edit">

Edit

</a>
            </span>
        </div>

</div>

Except for this (it sneaks in the post-content for some reason):

<span class="edit-link">
                <a class="post-edit-link" title="Edit Page" href="https://artcommons.ca/wp-admin/post.php?post=2&action=edit">

Edit

</a>
            </span>
  • MoniQ

Hello Ari, how are you?

(a) I have not received a solution to fix my broken primary site/homepage yet. (Have I broke it beyond repair?)

(b) I would like to build clean web page content, using the Admin "Edit Page" features, and by choosing a blank template in "Page Attributes"- "Template" pull down menu.

How do I remove "reply" (or "comment", "contact us" loops) which display at the bottom of my blank page template?

So far, I have:
    1) copied GridMarket page.php.
    2) renamed file "template-blank2013.php" to appear in Edit Page/Page Attributes/Template pull down menu.
    3) added "html/head/body", but the page works without it.
    (Based on codex/internet examples (3) was recommended, but I think for those who don't use html-editor features. Internet examples have not helped. I need help to refine the template for GridMarket (FrameMarket - MarketPress) multisite.)

"template-blank2013.php" to date:

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: Blank2013 Template
    */
    ?>
    <html>
    <head>
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="content">

<strong><?php get_template_part( 'content', 'page' );?>
    	<div class="clear"></div></strong>

</div>
    </body>
    <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    </html>

The part in bold is what needs to be refined, to remove "leave a reply" section at the bottom.

Thank you!

[In Edit Page / Page Attributes, is it possible for the WPMU Dev team to add a "blank or none" option in the "Template" pull down menu for the FrameMarket (Gridmarket) Theme? This page option would not display "reply", "comment" or "contact us" loops at the bottom. (I may not be the only person who requires this option.)]

• MoniQ

Hello,

I still require help to edit the homepage. I changed something on a php page somewhere that removed the ability to see the "leave a reply" bottom part of the page. I did not know better! I also must have removed the "edit" function that lists just above that on the page. I think if we find the correct php page that affects the front page / homepage / index, however WP works, then we can re-establish a working network homepage.

Broken primary-site homepage has been re-posted here, as it may relate to a network site edit issue...

Blank Page Template issue is solved here.

Thank you!

• MoniQ

Ari. I lost you for a while. Ashok and PC helped out. Although I have not mastered the new page template process, I am ok to move ahead now. Thanks.

1) WP update fixed the homepage edit function.
    2) "Screen Options" tab at the top-right of Edit Page allows me to add in "discussion" and "comments" etc. for more control over what appears on each web page. Very nice!
    3) and my permalinks have been fixed... always better to use the full URL in a web-link than the short version.

My next challenge is to:
    a) create a new site
    b) customize a new site homepage to use within the network. Will look at "new blog-templages".

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.