How do I customize the Membership Authorize.net receipt description

I'm using Membership plugin and Authorize.net payment gateway.

When the customer receives a receipt from Authorize.net, it doesn't contain the product description, so it's cryptic to the user what the receipt is for.

I spoke to customer service at Authorize.net, and he said that the receipt would include a product description, but that information isn't appearing in the Authorize.net system. Membership is sending the payment amount but not a description.

How do we sent a description to be included on the receipt?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Phong,

Hope you're doing well today!

Do you mind attaching one of your receipts. You can blur out any personal info. Just want to see the format so I have something to reference when I test this out :slight_smile: I'll admit, I haven't used authorize.net yet with Membership, so just want to make sure it is working as expected.

Look forward to your reply Phong!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @phong, I hope you're well today!

Thank you for reporting this and attaching a screenshot of the receipt you're getting... I have notified the plugin developer on this one, hopefully he'll be able to help us resolve it soon.
    Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @phong,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the delay.

I have checked the Authorize.net API, and yes, we can add an Item Line, which saying the description.

So basically, after we apply this feature, the receipt will include a table which display subscription detail.

Does that work fine for you?

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Ian - Blink Colony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Bumping this post to see if this feature has been added yet. I'm using the latest version of Membership Pro and my client's receipts aren't showing which subscription level they signed up for.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or was this feature never released?

Thanks
    Ian.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi guys,

I hope you are well today.

In the file /membership/classes/Membership/Gateway/Authorize.php line 819, you will find a code line like this
    $response = $this->_get_aim()->authorizeOnly( $amount);
    Please change it to

$this->_get_aim()->addLineItem(
                    $this->_subscription->sub_id(),
                    $this->_subscription->sub_name(),
                    $this->_subscription->sub_description(),1,number_format( $price['amount'], 2, '.', '' ),false);
                $this->_get_aim()->setField('description',sprintf(__("Receipt for %s","membership"),$this->_subscription->sub_name()));
    			$response = $this->_get_aim()->authorizeOnly( $amount);

Let's see if it can help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.