How do I customize the sign up page on the Membership plugin?

So - I'm trying to get Membership set up on my site, and I'm running into a lot of problems customizing the pages. I've read the manual and watched the videos, but maybe I'm missing something dead obvious.

For example - on the Sign-Up page, I've got the form customized - the part that shows up in the box. But I can't figure out how to get rid of the text that comes before it. I only have one subscription level right now so it sounds dumb for me to say. . .

"Select a Subscription

We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details."

Where can I edit the text that's being dropped in with the shortcode?

Thanks so much!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @wendigratz

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The appropriate way to use the language file. You can use poedit software to edit the language file and change any wording.

Another way is to go to /wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/subscription.form.php line no 5 where you can change the texts.
    Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update if you edit the plugin file. So it's worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• wendigratz
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Wow! That seems like a really complicated solution to what SHOULD be a pretty simple feature of the plugin. I've never used poedit and I just went to their site and don't even understand what they do. And I'm going to need to make changes to multiple pages so I certainly don't want to do something that will need to be redone with every update.

I think I'll see if I can make the changes I want with Ultimate Branding - but I'd love to suggest this feature for future updates. Maybe the shortcode could only drop in the actual sign-up box? That way users could customize the text of the instructions very simply on the page itself before entering the shortcode.

Thanks!

• wendigratz
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Well, neither Ultimate Branding nor the other plug-in you mentioned are doing anything. I've tried making several changes with each of them and nothing is changing. Is this content blocked in some way so that these plugins won't change it?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.