How do I define only a limited/specific listing of dates and times

Because my schedule is very irregular I would like to know how to list only specific dates/times on the calendar.
Let’s say for example I have openings
June 5th 8am-11am and 1pm-3pm
June 19th 4pm-11pm
July 6th 11am-2pm

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi,

I would suggest one option is to synchronise A+ to your google calendar.

Then you could set up your standard weekly working hours in the 'Working Hours' tab in the A+ backend settings.

Then setup synchronisation to your google calendar by following the instructions in the A+ 'Google Calendar' tab by clicking the 'i' icon. There is also a very good wpmu video on youtube

You would then use your google calendar to block out your unavailable times on a weekly basis that would then synch up with your A+ appointment scheduler and make these dates and times unavailable in your A+ appointment scheduler.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @goldeneye

I hope that you are well today, Steve has made a great suggestion, as this could be done with Dummy providers but would be hard to setup still, if your schedule changes often, so it would be best to synch it up with a google calendar :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any questions/issues about setting this up, I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• goldeneye
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

too bad there isn't just a way to tell the system i want this date/time and tat day/time
    i know what my availability is for June/July and would just want to show those 5 or 6 openings... seams like a lot of work to use gcal to just like 5 or 6 days a month

if i use gcal i would have to make the whole month as not avail and then open back up the 5-6 days a month that i am avail... seams like double work...
    i just want some simple interface to allow me to say im open this day/time and that day/time w/o having to spend hours each month getting the sync thing working

right no i just have a list list of my openings on my website that a user can read and know when i'm avial
    i was hoping to use A+ to allow them to book those days but it seams like a real pain to list my avail

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @goldeneye

I hope you are well today.

Sorry I think there may have been a mis-understanding, these days you want to exclude would those be the whole days? As if they are there is a way that you can just exclude these when you want from Appointments+ but you can only do it on a weekly basis.

If you could advise, so I can give you some further advice on this issue :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• goldeneye
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

i only want to list the days i a open
    most days i a NOT avail most day only certan days
    i want the ability to put up a calendar that say i am on on the following days, please choose your time
    when that date/time is booked it should be automatically removed from the listing page

so i want to exclude most/all of the month and only list the 3-4 days/times a month i a opne (which will vary from month to moth

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @goldeneye

I hope you are well today, I've been looking into this and in your use case, I believe the following will be the best way to configure this (the appointments will come off the calendar once booked, as in it can't ever be doubled booked by mistake :slight_smile:

If you set up your hours that you would work on the days you would work, and then set in the appointments > settings > working hours, set all days to no, so that you don't work those days.
    Then, when you do want to set up your days for that month, go the exceptions tab and in the top box, if you click in that, a calendar will come up and you can choose the days you will work that month in that, that way you can vary it month to month :slight_smile:

Thank you! Have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi goldeneye,

I would suggest Jack's option is the best in respect to ease of 'including' the days you are working per month.

Unfortunately this only works if your hours per day is based on standard working hours across each week which appears not to be in your case.

I would suggest the only way this will work for you based on Jack's suggestion is:-

1. You set the days you will be working in the 'Exceptions' tab
    2. Then in the 'Working Hours' tab set the actual bespoke hours for the specific day that matches the dates in your exceptions tab. I appreciate this may mean you going in each week to change the working hours

You may wish to consider requesting a new feature that not only includes the option to specify days but also hours in the exceptions tab.

Regards
    SteveB

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @goldeneye

I hope that you are well today.

Yes I'm afraid if you have varying working hours each time, you would need to go into the working hours tab and edit them.

I'm afraid currently out of the box this would be the only possible way.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @goldeneye

I'm currently testing all the new features using my demo site.

I'm not aware your exact requirement has been included.

However I'm aware that they have included the option for multiple break times per day for each Service Provider.

Please be aware a number of potential bugs have been identified and are currently being checked out so you may wish to wait until these have been resolved.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.