How do I delete all traces of a multisite installation and start over?

I have been operating 2 multisites on 2 different servers. Due to the age and clutter at the multisite on server 1 I've moved all my sites to server 2. I've kept all my email accounts on server 1 and adjusted my DNS settings to send the website visitors to server 2 and the respective email traffic to server 1. I want to delete all traces of the original multisite on server 1 and start over with a new one. Can anyone advise of the correct way to do this without disturbing any of the email accounts?

Thanks,
Larry

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Larry,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I understand that you wish to delete your "old" multisite from server 1 completely, am I correct? In order to do this please follow the steps below:

1. Access your server via FTP
    2. Find out the root folder for the main domain of your "old" multisite
    3. You should see WordPress install there (take a look at screenshot please)
    4. Open the "wp-config.php" file and note down database name
    5. Delete all the files and folders as listed in step 3
    6. Go to your cPanel (or other server management tool that you're using like e.g. DirectAdmin or Plesk)
    7. Find mySQL database section
    8. Find database of the name noted in step 4 on the list and delete it

This is pretty much everything that needs to be done in order to remove WP (regardless whether it's Multisite or a standard single site) installation from your server and will not affect your e-mail accounts.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.