How do I disable access to certain plugins on certain sites on my network?

Hi, thanks for taking a sec.

I’m building a brand new mu site.

The main site will be a directory theme(not mudev.)

I will install the problogs plugin to allow visitors to have their own blogs on the site.

I will have many plugins on the main directory theme/url, but I will want to restrict blog owners from access to many/most of the plugins. What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks for your help & patience,

Yohan

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @yohanaton,

The Pro sites plugin allows you to specify “Premium Plugins”, which are plugins that are only available to sites that have been upgraded to Pro status. You can specify whether a plugin should be available to ALL sites, NO sites, or only to sites of a certain Pro level, so for example if you have 3 or 4 Pro levels, you can specify the minimum level that would gain access to a specific plugin.

Give it a go and see how you get on.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Depends what you mean, really, as there are many different permutations of what could be mean by ‘access’.

Do you mean you want the plugins to be switched on, but the admins can’t deactivate – in which case simply ‘network activate’ the plugins.

Do you mean you want the plugins switched on, but you don’t want the subsites to even be able to change the settings

(i.e. they are set globally) – this is only possible with plugins that are designed with that as an option (e.g. infinite SEO can do this)

Or do you mean that you want some plugins to be aavailbel to switch on and off at only certain ‘levels’ of subscription -ProSites plugin with ‘Premium Plugins’ can do this.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.