How do I disable or take out "create a site" option on my sign-up form

Problem 1:
I activated multisite on my buddypress website
I also activated premium membeship plugin.
Now, all my registration goes to the signup form of the membership plug in.
I would like to use my previous buddypress signup form.
Do I need to disable the plugin? Is my multi site still going to work without it?

Problem 2:
I just activated Multisite and now my buddypress sign-up form has an option of "creating a new site"
I went on Network Settings and clicked on "User accounts may be registered."

I still cant figure you how to take "creating a new site" off.

Thank you!

• aecnu

Greetings webgeekstudios,

Problem 1:
    I activated multisite on my buddypress website
    I also activated premium membeship plugin.
    Now, all my registration goes to the signup form of the membership plug in.
    I would like to use my previous buddypress signup form.
    Do I need to disable the plugin? Is my multi site still going to work without it?

Your MultiSite will function without the Membership plugin. However, when activating the membership plugin it must take over the entire site to insure security and that everything is under its control. Therefore the hijack to the Membership signup rather then the Buddy Press signup.

Problem 2:
    I just activated Multisite and now my buddypress sign-up form has an option of "creating a new site"
    I went on Network Settings and clicked on "User accounts may be registered."
    I still cant figure you how to take "creating a new site" off.

Can you please get me a screenshot of the "creating a new site" page and better yet the URL too so that I can look at the source code?

By any chance are you using the Pro Sites plugin?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings webgeekstudios,

what does it mean when you said : "Therefore the hijack to the Membership signup rather then the Buddy Press signup." ?

For the Membership plugin to do its job correctly controlling everything, it is necessary for it to take over the entire site. therefore, it basically hijacks the signup from Buddy Press as well.

Are you suggesting to just use membership plugin instead of buddypress signup?

That depends what your end goal is, but realize no matter what type of site you build, Membership is going to try to run the show, but it is necessary to protect the content.

Personally I do not like Buddy Press due to the havoc and problems it causes for members, but that is my personal opinion.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.