How do I disable the red alert box install Dev Dashboard

I want to disable the red alert box that is asking for the install of the WPMU DEV Dashboard - I do not want this on my clients website. How can I turn this off so it won't show up?

• Shawn

Ideally, the best solution is to go ahead and install the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, and activate it with your account. This alone will limit access to it to your account on that blog. For greater controls, use something like this in your wp-config.php file:
    define("WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER", "42");
    Change 42 to the ID of the user you want to allow access to. You can use more than one, separated with commas.

You can also comment out the line "new WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Notice();" in the plugin code - but it's best if you don't.

While the temptation to disable notifications is natural, you won't be notified of updates when YOU login, and will need to do those updates manually. if at all. And while the user might not particularly care - it's not a good thing to have to cope with potentially significant updates never being installed just because doing so becomes a hassle (you'd have to re-edit the line above in each plugin, each time you update).

• PC

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for chiming in to help out here :slight_smile: A few points coming your way.

@brockweb1 : Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums. Welcome to WPMU DEV.

The best way to do that is install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Then hide and brand it as per the settings here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard#usage

Screenshot attached.

I do not want this on my clients website. How can I turn this off so it won't show up?

Would you be sharing your own username password with the clients ? I mean the superadmin account you have ?

If no, then there is no problem. If yes, then its pretty simple. Create a new user and set the Dashboard plugin to be visible to that user only. Job done.

However, if you are just delivering the sites to your clients its always best to create them their own username and not give the master one. Atleast I dont do that :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same and I will be around.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.