How do I display category description for images and authors?

How do I display the category description, category images and author description on Upfront (bio)?

• Dimitris

Hey there Daniel Berhane,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chim in here! :slight_smile:

You can use the Upfront Builder plugin to create separate layouts for category archive and tag archive pages, still, there's no easy way to insert the corresponding descriptions.
    Doc pages: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/using-the-upfront-builder/

This would be a nice addition, along with an Author page layout, as it also doesn't exist in the available layouts in Upfront Builder, so we can move this to our Features & Feedback section of our forums, in order to engage more members (more members upvoting, is always a plus for us!) and also notify the rest of our team (project managers, devs etc) on this.

Finally, you can use a workaround on this, which includes some PHP in order to build the appropriate shortcodes, in order to use inside the category and tag layouts.
    I tested that by creating a little MU plugin, like in a /wp-content/mu-plugins/tax-description.php file (simply create the /mu-plugins/ folder if doesn't exist) and in there I used:

<?php
    function show_current_taxomony_description() {
    $string = '<ul>';
    $term = get_term_by( 'term_taxonomy_id', get_queried_object_id() , get_query_var( 'taxonomy' ) );
    $string .= $term->description;
    $string .= '</ul>';

return $string;
    }
    add_shortcode('tax_descr', 'show_current_taxomony_description');

I could then edit the category and tag layouts and insert a Text element, in where I inserted
    [tax_descr] to get the taxonomy description.

Hope that was some help!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.