How do I display excerpts for certain Membership levels...

How do I display excerpts for certain Membership levels and Full Content for another membership level, at the code base of my theme.

ie. (i'm not a coder, but here is a bad php pseudo code example of what I am trying to do with the membership plugin)

<?php if ( level_id=1 ) : ?>
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( level_id=5 ) : ?>
<?php the_content(); ?>
<?php endif; ?>

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

The the_excerpt() function is specific to posts. Unfortunately we cannot restrict the showing of the Subscription content in this manner.

looking at the page template for the subscription page I see that it calls the subscription content box, so there is no way to modify based on content display.

<div class="pricebox subscriptionbox" id='subscriptionbox-<?php echo $subscription->i

Very sorry.

Kimberly

• phyve
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Wow really?

So I can't hardcode the following:

If logged in Premium Member (via member plugin), display information X

Else, display information Y
    ?

Is there away to associate the roles in wordpress with the levels of the membership plugin?

This seems odd, almost a major functionality oversight, unless I am interpreting what you are saying incorrectly or not explaining what I am trying to do properly.

From what I understand, I'm going to have to manually assign each user who signs up for a premium membership to a role so that I can then restrict them at code level.

Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks for the quick response.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I am afraid there is some mus-communication going on here

I am reading that you are wanting to display different subscription descriptions based on the users current subscription level?

I am afraid I cannot understand why the subscriptions would change at all, nomatter which level you are.

You can assign a wordpress user role under the Advanced Tab on Access Levels. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the dropdown.

Dunno if you have the usage pdf?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

• phyve
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ahhh sweet! Thank you.

This appears to be a new feature (advanced tab) it wasn't there before.

I updated recently from an older version.

so for clarity, it will Autmotically switch the user level upon successful payment (if it is a paid membership model)?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.