How do I display the Directory page and Listings in Directory plugin

How do you display the Directory page?

How do you display the custom fields on the Listing page?

is there a way to randomize the order of the listings instead of it being alphabetical?

How can we import from a CSV so we don't have to do all 120 listings by hand?

How do we edit the Listing template so it doesn't show "Published on..."?

I'm just not seeing clear directions in the documentation how to display information -- is it all hardcoded or are there short codes?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi greenchair and welcome to WPMU DEV!

It sounds like you may not be using the Directory theme included with the plugin. Could you please verify that? If not, you can find the theme in your themes list (Appearance > Themes) once the plugin is activated.

The theme itself provides for all the general directory functionality you'd need, including automatically displaying custom fields in the listings.

Also, Directory itself doesn't include CSV import, but there are a number of ways that can be done. The CSV Importer plugin now includes support for custom post types, for instance.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/csv-importer/

Then there's the premium plugin, TurboCSV which provides quite a lot of import options and features.
    http://wpplugins.com/plugin/145/turbocsv-2/

If you'll let us know whether you're using the Directory theme though, we'll see how we can help with your further usage, like the "Published on..." string.

Thanks,
    David

• greenchair
    • New Recruit

I'm using a theme from Woo. I would like the directory to be displayed within this theme rather than having the whole site in the Directory theme. Is there no way for the Directory plugin to work without it being in the Directory theme?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.