How do I do this?

I [think] I am having a problem with membership plugin because I need globals ON to achieve some things like urls across all domains and OFF to achieve other things like auto activated marketpress for sub sites.
Is there another way to accomplish my goal of having a membership site that blocks the public out and then has mini membership sites so site admins can review and approve network subscribers before they can buy their marketpress products?
I have tried site privacy for multisite but unless I let Google crawl all urls the marketpress products do not show up in network search results, which I need.

• Barry

I don't want site admins to have to fiddle with the set up of membership plugin. I want to create the settings for them.

I'm not sure you can do what you are thinking of doing (or what I'm reading into your posts :slight_smile: ). If you want to protect specific parts of sites and control them from a single place then you need global tables switched on and the plugin network activated - that means that it's running across all the sites on your install, but pulling it's information from a single location / database.

If you want your site owners to be able to set up a membership system and control access levels and rules, then you will have global tables switched off and you will activate the plugin on a site by site basis (using pro-sites and/or new blog templates).

Those are the only two scenarios you can do with the membership plugin. You can't, for example, have a set of rules running across all sites *and* allow site owners to set up their own membership sites, as the plugin would conflict with itself when trying to decide what is allowed and what isn't.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.