How do I edit a page template that is provided by the system in the pull-down box

How do I edit a page template that is provided by the system in the pull-down box on the right side of the screen. The options are:

Default Template

About Page Template

Blog Page Template

Contactus Page Template

Gallery Page Template

Login Page Template

Services Page Template

Testimonials Page Template

As an example, in the screenshot that shows Wellness Coach Consultations under the big Services banner, that is a new page where I selected the template from the dropdown menu.

On the other screenshot, that is the layout I need for my pages. On the “Pages” list in the back office, that page is named “Services” – see the address bar at the top of the image in the screenshot.

Why, when I create a new page, and select the Services Page Template from the drop down menu, do I NOT GET the layout from the Services page?

Services was one of the original pages that came with the theme, that I edited the way I need my pages formatted. It does not come through as the Services Page Template.

What do I need to do to fix it?

For some reason I could not add the files to this post. I will try to add them once this get for the support area.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Charles,

Hope you’re doing well today!

The page template layouts are coded for the child themes, so while you can easily change any elements on them per page, to actually change the default look of the template it would take some custom development.

We have a theme builder in the works that will allow you to create your own templates without any coding, I haven’t used it myself yet, but that is what our developers are using now to build the themes – it’s just a very early version and not as user friendly as it will be once it’s released :slight_smile:

In the meantime, you are able to apply post layouts to all your pages. When you save a post it will ask you if you want to apply that layout to all pages. You can do this for all post types including custom post types(except the default page post type). So that might be a better option for you in the meantime?

If you have any further questions just let us know! Look forward to hearing back :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tyler

• Charles
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks, yes, the posts are fine, although for a while it was not working either.

So it all hinges on the theme builder.

I had also asked for a feature to clone pages. I guess the result will be pretty much the same with the theme builder when that is done.

Thanks Tyler.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Charles, just came from your previous post there.

Yes, the theme builder will allow you to create the child theme from the ground up. I’m looking forward to it myself too :slight_smile: Page cloning is something that could potentially be added into Upfront, I think I might have been the one that flagged that thread of yours. It’s a cool idea!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.