How do I edit the appointments form?

How do I make the "Name", "Phone", "Address", and "City" fields to be highlighted so people know that have to fill it in? They are currently white and blend in with the background.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@LHardy

You can do this via css if you open the page in chrome, right click the entry fields select inspect element you will see two panes open at the bottom of the browser, The left one is the html generated by wordpress and the right the css. You will also see a link to the css file and line number that needs editing. Change the value you want in the browser for testing purposes, once happy apply it to the real css file and upload it again via ftp to your site. Remember when making changes always back up before doing so in case of mistakes.

Cheers

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

I think it's a little more involved than that, Tom. So far as I can tell, there isn't a .required class to target. If there was it would be as simple as:

.required {background: lightyellow;}

The only way to get class="required" into the form would be to edit the plugin.

Now, if @LHardy doesn't mind hi-lighting all of the input fields, she could do this:

.appointments-confirmation-wrapper input[type="text"] {
        background: lightyellow;
    }

And the result would look something like the attached image.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Imperative Ideas

Hey cheers mike ya spot on, maybe i misread her post i thought she just wanted all the fields highlighted as they were blending in with the background. Then she could just selct the form in chrome as i mentioned above. Too early on a sunday morning for me :disappointed: too much blood in my coffee stream i think.

Many thanks for jumping in.

Cheers

• LHardy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the help, guys!

I don't quite understand where to put this...

.appointments-confirmation-wrapper input[type="text"] {
    background: lightyellow;
    }

I go in to edit the Appointments+ plugin and then paste this snippet... where?

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.