How do I edit the Membership plugin registration form?

I would like to add more fields to the registration form aside from just username, email address and password. I would like to have required fields as well. I don't see where I can edit this. Please help.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there, thanks for your question.

Our plugin doesn't offer the option to extend the user fields, we simply use the WordPress ones.

This is something we're looking at for a future version.

There is an easy option that doesn't require you to do any custom code, that is with BuddyPress:

http://buddypress.org

You can disable all the social networking features and use the xProfile field, this can add extra profile fields, required and optional. These will also appear on the normal Membership registration form, but not the pop up one.

This should enable you to get what you need.

Take care.

• techlark

Thank you. I was able to create the additional fields with the buddypress xprofile like you described in your response. However, the fields do not get added to the user profile nor is it emailed to me . It still just uses the Membership registration email. How can I connect them together? Even if it doesn't enter automatically, I'd like to be able to receive the registration email with the specified details. I appreciate your help.

Thank You,

Jojo Gregorio

• Timothy Bowers

This creates it within the BuddyPress profile.

Having the extra details emailed to you would require some custom development on your part. It's not something available by default.

The fields will show on the original registration form whilst they signup. This is the one you get when clicking through Membership.

Using the xProfile feature as mentioned will show them on the signup, and store them within the DB for you.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.