How do I edit the membership registration form?

I would like to edit the intro text on the registration form that is automatically added. I've tried to edit the register.php file that ships with Buddypress but I have a feeling the Membership plugin is overriding the form.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Operapreneur.

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the question :slight_smile:

The Registration form is added to an actual page -"Register" if it's the default page. You should be able to go into your page listing and fine the page, then edit it there - anything you add there will show up above the Select a Subscription text.

To edit the text below that, you will need to go into the subscription.form.php file and you can find that: membership\membershipincludes\includes

There is also member.form there as well.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you still have further questions here.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Hope that helps!

• Operapreneur
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the info Tyler. That will come in handy but it's not what I was looking for, I should have been more specific.

I'm talking about the registration before the membership forms. It's the WP/BP form that includes the "Account Details" and "Profile Details."

I can't seem to get rid of the text "Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we’ll get a new account set up for you in no time."

I thought if I deleted it from the register.php file in my theme folder it would remove it, but it's still there.

Any pointers are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Operapreneur,

Sorry about that! I should have read that more clearly. I was a bit stumped on that one at first too :p

I did however find it, you can edit the text in this file:

classes/Membership/Render/Page/Registration/Standard.php:390

Best way to look for text like this is to open up the language file, then search it for the phrase or part of the phrase :slight_smile: you can even edit the language file itself if you like, that will change the text. Using a program like poedit. Here's a post we have on translating plugins:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

In this case, instead of translating, it's more like just swapping text.

Anyways, posted that just in-case you're interested :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.