how do i either upgrade or turn off the upgrade option on my plugin

I just paid for a yr membership. I installed the dashboard (against my better judgement- i'm almost sure that i will need to delete my entire site and start again)

so i downloaded the wiki plugin, activated it, hit "configure" and when i hit wiki settings - it still says i need to upgrade to unlock additional features...so

I hit upgrade - and it just takes me back to the plugin main page that offers another plugin or i can click "no thanks, download directly" and it starts the process all over again.

what am i missing?

thanks

brian

• PC

Hello there Brian,

Thanks for posting on the forums and being a WPMU DEV member.

I hit upgrade - and it just takes me back to the plugin main page that offers another plugin or i can click "no thanks, download directly" and it starts the process all over again.

Its a possibility that you have got 2 WPMU DEV accounts and are logged in to the free one on your site OR you have downloaded the Wiki lite version somehow and that is causing the issue.

I will need to have a closer look on your site. You can enable support access via :

WordPress Dashboard >> WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access.

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

I will then check what is wrong and help you fix it.

Cheers, PC

• brian

i didn't sign up for a free trial or anything, i just purchased one membership - and my auth key is same same. I figured it out. I believe i will just use another wiki plugin that i found online.

i was confused by the website - so i figured that the membership would help light the path. I was really wrong.

i was going to set the wiki up under a membership. I think the membership. I think i will just use the built public/password view built into wp.

if there is a resource that explains the big picture - linear type site map or something that would explain why i would use this, please forward it to me. It seems that it is a long learning curve - and on top of membership, going to be too high. :-\

thank you for the response however. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• PC

Hey there Brian,

Thanks for posting back.

I believe i will just use another wiki plugin that i found online.

Glad that you figured it out.

i was going to set the wiki up under a membership. I think the membership. I think i will just use the built public/password view built into wp.

That really depends on how you want it to be setup. Instead of password protection, which anyways looks a bit old school, I will suggest using Membership plugin.

Our membership plugin : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ allows you to protect any area on your site and you can charge user to view that portion or you can decide to offer it free to them as they register.

That ways you will look more pro and also get a lot of user registrations and build up a good mailing list.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.