How do I fix Login With Facebook on Comments+ please?

Hi there.

I run YorkMix – http://www.yorkmix.com/. We have Comments+ installed, so people can comment directly on the site through Facebook, and Ultimate Facebook, so comments left on FB are pulled into our comments section.

It used to work wonderfully.

We have just updated our theme. Ultimate Facebook still appears to be working fine at pulling in FB comments.

But if you are logged out of Facebook and click on the "Login with Facebook" next to the comments at the bottom of any post it takes you nowhere.

Sometimes if you are logged in to Facebook it doesn't register this either.

I've tried…

– deactivating other plugins
– creating a new Facebook Application for Comments+
– changing the configurations of both Comments+ and Ultimate Facebook and updating, emptying the caches as I went
– running the troubleshooter on Comments+ which gave this error message: "Checking Facebook initialization: failure"

Could you help me get it working again please?

Best wishes,

Chris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Chris

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I have just checked and it looks like the troubleshooter fails at theme compatibility testing. To be sure, would you please activate default WP theme (2012 or 2015) and check the issue exists?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for coming back to me Ash.

I am very reluctant to do this as it would not only render the site unusable and unreadable for the duration of the test, it would require us to reinstate all our settings and widgets afterwards.

The alternative would be to clone the site and try it on a test server. Both options require hours of work.

We are using Roots as our base theme. If we assume it is a theme issue, what do we need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Chris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Chris

I hope you are well today.

If we assume it is a theme issue, what do we need to do to fix this?

Well, we can't be 100% sure I am afraid. Is it possible for your to create a clone site? You can do that easily with our snapshot plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

You can just take a backup from live site, and restore the backup in your clone site.

Ohh before that, would you please send me the theme so that I can test in my site?

You can email me the theme to contact@wpmudev.org with subject line Attn-Ash and a link of this thread (so that I can track).

If I don't see any issue in my test site, then please you need to create a clone site.

Cheers
    Ash

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash.

Thanks for your replies.

We'll do this next week – the theme designer is away over Easter and when he returns we'll sort out a clone and send you the theme, see if we can get this all fixed.

Be back in touch shortly.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.