How do I fix my problem? I need to provide you access

I am struggling since several days to get the domain mapping plugin working, but cannot. I have tried everything as suggested - and hence wish to give my cpanel access as well as wp access to you to see if I have done things as you suggested - and want me to tell what I should now do to correct it - to get it working.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @aam

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Could you describe to me in detail the exact problems your having with the plugin please?

The multisite version.

The plugin version.

Are you sub domains or sub directories?

Do you have a dedicated IP?

Could you tell me the domains you'd like to map please? :slight_smile:

I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• aam

Thanks @Jack Kitterhing for your assistance.

For now, it seems that I have finally cracked the settings with which Domain Mapping Plugin works - but I am not fully confident yet - because unless it keeps working this way - I cannot really say that I have the DMP's usage mastered well.

However I am now very clear on one thing - from the discussions I have had with staff members on this earlier - that we need to completely rewrite the DMP/usage-page if we really want to make a new user understand how to apply this plugin right within an hour or two than 2 weeks+ that I have taken to get it working.

For example, apparently, the plugin works with both dedicated IP as well as shared IP hosting - whreas the opening lines of the DMP usage ask the user to ensure that one has a dedicated IP hosting. Further the explanation need to be so clear that whatever is written cannot be interpreted in more than one way.

Will contact you in case I need help.

Thanks again for stepping in.