How do I fix the link for credit cards in the Paypal gateway?

Hi,

I have two problems with the PayPal gateways with this plugin:

1. Paypal single payment forces you to create a paypal acount even if you don't want to. You must enter details in order to enter your credit card information.

2 The PayPal express gateway states that I am using an invalid link when I attempt to select credit card as my payment method.

Getting this thing to work is like pulling teeth. Does this thing integrate with any other payment gateway that is not in the list? I am not a coder so do not know how to DEVELOP something that in my mind, should work flawlessly if I am using the default gateways and pages, shouldn't it? This is no less than the 5th problem I have had with this plugin using default settings and configuring this plugin EXACTLY as the video series and the documentation explain. Someone please help me with this thing.

• PC

Hello @tjr3217

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

PayPal single payments will require the buyer to be logged in to his PayPal account.

2 The PayPal express gateway states that I am using an invalid link when I attempt to select credit card as my payment method.

Getting this thing to work is like pulling teeth. Does this thing integrate with any other payment gateway that is not in the list? I am not a coder so do not know how to DEVELOP something that in my mind, should work flawlessly if I am using the default gateways and pages, shouldn't it? This is no less than the 5th problem I have had with this plugin using default settings and configuring this plugin EXACTLY as the video series and the documentation explain. Someone please help me with this thing.

That seems like a problem to me, can you send me your login creds via our secure contact form here : contact form

Subject : Attn: PC
    Question Type : I have a different Question
    Please include a link to this thread, and include your WordPress admin details so that I can have a closer look.

The plugin does work with any other gateways of your choice but they will need to be custom coded into the plugin and do not work just out of the box.

Looking forward for your response.

Cheers, PC

• tjr3217

Hi,

Thanks for the response and I will send the admin details. Now I am not even getting that page anymore. I am now getting only two options:

1. I already have a paypal account
    2. I need to create a paypal account

my users just want to submit their cc info and get paid. why are my members being forced to create a paypal account? this is not the policy of paypal, who will provide code that will allow credit card payments without signing up for an account. is this another issue wherein it would have to be custom coded? makes no sense. i will provide the requested info for you in the contact form. thanks.

• PC

Hello again Tim,

I tested a few things out here.

1:

I tested that and do not see any error like that.

So it was certainly a temporary issue. May be happened due to caching.

I am now getting only two options:

1. I already have a paypal account
    2. I need to create a paypal account

my users just want to submit their cc info and get paid. why are my members being forced to create a paypal account? this is not the policy of paypal, who will provide code that will allow credit card payments without signing up for an account. is this another issue wherein it would have to be custom coded? makes no sense. i will provide the requested info for you in the contact form. thanks.

This is how PayPal express works. Paypal has different types of payment gateways. With paypal express the buyer needs a paypal account in order to checkout and buy from your site.

It is not something we can control really. For example read here : http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?275-why-cant-my-customers-pay-without-having-a-paypal-account

It quotes

Note that the PayPal Express Checkout product technically does not allow the option to make payment without having a PayPal account PayPal has always intended that Express Checkout be offered in addition to other payment choices such as a credit card gateway, and that adding Express is a way to allow PayPal members a very quick and easy way to pay using their PayPal account.

So if you want just the creditcard checkout as well, you can use the 2CO gateway included in Membership plugin.

I have checked the settings on your site and they look perfect to me.

BTW, that is a great work you have done on the site. The more I see it the more I am loving it. Good job :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

PS : I have also replied to your thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-remove-the-welcome-premium-membership-branding-from-pages for the Membership level text issue.

Cheers
    PC

• tjr3217

So if I were to integrate PayPal standard or pro, how would I integrate that with the membership page? Is it as simple as changing the subscribe button code located in the gateway settings? If this is the case, it will be a relief. Please let me know. Thanks. And thank you for the kind words on the site. I appreciate it. I am no coder, but understand marketing and retention concepts quite well. I only wish my coding skills were such that I would not have to ask idiotic questions.

Thanks again,

Tim

• Barry

Paypal single payment forces you to create a paypal acount even if you don't want to. You must enter details in order to enter your credit card information.

There is a setting in your paypal account that you need to enable to accept credit card payments from people that don't have an account. It should be enabled by default - but it may have been switched off
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing-outside

• Barry

PayPal express is for when you have subscriptions - in order to process the subscription PayPal needs to keep a record of a users payment details - it can't do that without them having an account - hence the need for them to create one.

If you don't need subscriptions, or are happy with notifying and then having the user pay monthly themselves then the single payments paypal gateway will allow that.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.