How do I fix the poor image quality and change from a rounded image to square like the demo,...

I am using the avatar plugin so my users dont have to create gravatars and take people off site. What I cannot do is change the rounded looking avatar image to a square one like in the demo(for the list) and I also get really really bad image quality on a high quality image. What can I do to fix this?

Is there also any way that I can get rid of that ugly grey bar that says "the talent?"

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Michael

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Please use the following css:

.main img.avatar{
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    border-radius: 0;
    border: none;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That fixed my square issue but what about my image quality? Its only bad on that part of the site. Under the members widget it looks good as well as all my social networking sites. How can I improve the Image quality?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Michael

In fact, the plugin is designed to show 32x32 size avatar in that page. To change that, please go to /plugins/members-directory/members-directory.php and look at line 454, 519, 844, 916 and replace:
    get_avatar($user_details->ID, 32, $avatar_default) or similar
    with
    get_avatar($user_details->ID, 48, $avatar_default)

It's basically changing 32 with 48 or 96.

Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update. So it's worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael

Now my dashboard is messed up and I reverted back to old settings and got rid of comments plus plugin and I still get a 4545 on the top of my screen...

Dude what did you have me do?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at wp-content/plugins/members-directory/members-directory.php:1) in /home2/pulciano/public_html/showbizhill.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Michael

I fixed it. Doing what you SAID BROUGHT A RENEGADE 4545 in 3 different files. Now I have to redo all my shit damnit cuz I couldnt figure it before it screwed things.

Maybe, you could not implement it correctly. Or when you implemented it, there was a syntax error. You were seeing 4545, but no where I posted any text like this that can be printed in your site!

Check the error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at wp-content/plugins/members-directory/members-directory.php:1) in /home2/pulciano/public_html/showbizhill.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

Basically this part: output started at wp-content/plugins/members-directory/members-directory.php:1
    That means you accidentally printed something in members-directory.php line no 1.

Anyway, if you send me your ftp details, I can add the changes for you. Just let me know, which should I put there 48 or 96.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sometimes just opening and re-saving a file can add additional white space, which is what usually causes the headers already sent error you saw earlier. If you ever see that error again make sure you check the beginning of the file that it mentions to see if there is any white space before the opening <?php tag,

Sorry if you were offended here, Ash definitely didn't mean for it to come off that way :slight_frown:

As for your issue, I notice that your members aren't showing in your directory page. Are you experiencing other issues now?

If you don't mind I could take a closer look at this for you?

Just send your FTP and WP credentials in to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

If you would still prefer not to do that then just let us know here what issues you're currently having and we'll troubleshoot them with you.

Talk to you soon Michael!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. For the image sizing, Ash's change should have worked, I'm thinking that it could have been the additional white space causing the issue? If you try it again just make sure you make a copy of the original file first, then it will be as simple as copying the original back if any errors happen again.

• Michael

Can You guys take a look? I was a bit stressed that day. Sorry for my late reply. I had to do other things with the site and showing off my users was not top priority. But now I am starting to get inquiries and what not. The plugins are installed but not activated at the moment. I can give you guys access when you are ready to take a look. I will try to figure it out myself in the meantime and do what you guys said again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.