How do I fix these errors in the User Roles Editor?

Attached is a screenshot of the errors I'm getting. The plugin is network activated but these errors are only displaying in one subsite.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ocean,

Hope you're doing well today!

It looks like it is being caused by the method the developer used to add capabilities for custom post types. Sounds like he will be fixing that in a future update :slight_smile:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/notice-undefined-property-1#post-6401134

In the meantime, it is best to keep wp_debug turned off on a live site. Or you can hide the notices and instead store them in a debug log that you can view privately.

Add these defines to your wp-config.php to hide the notices on the frontend and store them in a debug.log file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

I recall from yesterday that you're wanting to remove warnings/notices so you can debug other issues more efficiently; unfortunately, the only way to stop them from showing is for the developer to fix them. Hopefully the developer can push an update out soon.

Let us know if you have any further questions here!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Just to clarify, these notices are similar to the ones you mentioned yesterday in the way that they are harmless so you don't need to worry about your user experience being affected at all :slight_smile:

• Mike D

The strange thing is that this plugin does work on all but one subsite .

Honestly, I'm really enjoying Debug messages right now because it immediately highlights potential problems. Unfortunately I only have the live site to work with right now. Once I get past a certain objective I will slow down and replicate a local copy for further development.

Now that I know User Roles Editor doesn't have an immediate fix I can deactivate it until it gets updated and keep an eye out for other bugs.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.