How do I format the archives page of Events+?

I'm working my way through Events+ and created a separate page on the site for expired events to display. How do I format that appearance? I'd love to see the featured image and content snippet that displays on the live events.

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hi amy,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to see that you have listed the live events nicely. You can customize the expired events like that as well by overriding the default template of Events +.

Go to plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates, copy shortcode-archive-default.php, move it to your themes folder and rename this file for example expired-events-content. Now pass this template name (without .php extension) string in the template parameter or eab_expired shortcode. That shortcode will look like this:
    [eab_expired template="expired-events-content"]

Now, you can move the code from the template of live events in this file. That should display the featured image along with text snippet.

Hope that helps! If I am of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Yashar'Al Yahu

Hello,

I was referred to this post about creating this file. I was able to follow the directions thoroughly until I got to the part where you pass this template name without the .php string inthe template parameter part. Please explain a little further, please or make it where I can get that part. I do not see were to add this template to the administration panel, when working with pages and choosing a template for that page. Or is it that I am supposed to edit another file in the wordpress to point to the template I just created...??? I am trying, yet I am fairly new at this.

Please help.
    Yashar'ALYahu

• Sajid

Hi Yashar'Al Yahu,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

This not the standard WordPress page template that appears in the template dropdown in Page Attributes metabox/section.

This is a subtemplate of the archive page that our plugin load if exists in your active theme. In this case you can just add the shortcode in a page, specify the name of a subtemplate in the template attribute of the shortcode. This will load this template for you if exists in the your current active theme.

As a starting point, you can copy the shortcode-archive-default.php template from plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates, move it to your active theme, rename it to expired-events-content and start customizing.

If you need further assistance, please create your own ticket where we can continue this discussion, feel free to add this thread link in your ticket for reference. This will let us mange each issue of the member in its own ticket and also helps prevent spamming the original poster.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• amy

Thank you for your reply. I understand the part where you say,

Go to plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates, copy shortcode-archive-default.php, move it to your themes folder and rename this file for example expired-events-content. Now pass this template name (without .php extension) string in the template parameter or eab_expired shortcode. That shortcode will look like this:
    [eab_expired template="expired-events-content"]

However, I'm having difficulty understanding:

Now, you can move the code from the template of live events in this file. That should display the featured image along with text snippet.

Could you elaborate on that? What code from what "template of live events" in what file?

Thank you very much.

• Sajid

Hi amy,
    Hope you are doing good today!

I am sorry but I forgot under what content I said you can copy the code from live events. Could you please share the link where you have used that given shortcode with customized template ? Also, what is missing in the template ? Featured image ?

Regarding your other questions, I am not sure where exactly you made changes. If its in template files like I mentioned then it should not effect that. If its in core files of plugins then it could effect that functionality (which is not recommended at all). Also, please start new thread for each question so we can manage and track each issue separately.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid