how do I format the page to eliminate sidebar and footer widgets

I don't see anywhere in the editor to change the page format to a landing page template where there are no sidebar & footer areas

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Mark,

coursepress pro will use your current themes files for it's pages, unless you create custom templates for it.

So it will use your standard single.php or archive.php templates.

You could copy your single.php & archive.php templates and rename as single-course.php & archive-course.php for example, then edit those templates and remove the sidebar code from the templates.

<?php get_sidebar('sidebar'); ?>

That should remove them from the pages, but with the footer, that's a different matter entirely. For the footer, you would need to detect the page you're on first.

It might be possible using our custom sidebars plugin to do this though as that would give you more flexibility and control of what pages your sidebars will be displayed on. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custom-sidebars-pro/#usage

Hope this helps

• Mark
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

so could I just use dynamic widgets plugin? The problem is that I don't see the courses content showing up in Pages. Looks like there is a URL designator in dynamic widgets but this would mean I'd have to enter every page and every widget in the sidebar.

Do you have a little more explicit instructions on creating he new course templates in php and then modifying them?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.