How do I get custompress to be live on my site?

I have created a post type that I would like to run on one of my site pages. Now that it is made (and appears on my side bar where I can add new posts to the category), how do I get it up and running live on my site?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Kam

I hope you are well today!

A post-type that you have created cannot be added to a page on your site.

WordPress comes with 2 basic post-types: posts and pages, and 2 basic taxonomies for posts: tags & categories.

A custom post-type that you create is exactly that: a new post type.

Click the menu item for your new post-type and you should see an "Add New" link there (see screenshot below).

If you want your new post-type to have its own categories, you need to create a custom taxonomy for it too. To do that, go to the "Taxonomies" tab in CustomPress and assign your new taxonomy to your new post-type.

If you want your taxonomy to behave like the default categories, be sure to set it to "hierarchical = true". If you want the taxonomy to be more like tags, set "hierarchical = false".

Please let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks!

• Kam
    • Flash Drive

Hello Ashok,

Thanks for getting back to me- you've probably noticed I've posted a few questions on here now, as everything seems to be failing for me at the same time.

In regards to making the custompress pages live- when I put the domain and slug (www.auxiliummortgage.com/realtors) in the search bar, the page comes up. I suppose what my questions now are:

1. How do I make this page appear on my menu bar of the site. For example, if you go to the site (www.auxiliummortgage.com) you will see a tab that says Real Estate. I would like the page I am working on to appear as the realtor directory tab under that drop down.

2. Is it possible to resize the feature images?

3. Is it possible to sort this alphabeticallly, or add an alphabet bar at the top of the page?

Thanks again, I'd appreciate all the help I can get at this point.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.