How do I get Languages on my site?

I attempted to follow your directions for the Languages plugin and got through step three. I was able to download FileZilla but I don't know what you mean by "launch" it. Can you please direct me in very basic terms since I have no experience creating websites and do not understand the majority of the responses I have received? Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Nancy,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Its pretty simple. Don't you worry as I am around to help you :slight_smile:

As you have downloaded Filezilla, you need to open it using the icon it created after you installed it on your computer.

Please note that you will need the FTP login information to login to your site via FTP (How to use FTP : http://www.wikihow.com/Use-FTP )

Can you kindly do that and let me know if you face any issues ?

Cheers, PC

• Nancy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks PC. I followed the instructions, but when it came to typing ipconfig in, a black box with writing in it opened and closed immediately. I tried it a few times and the same thing happened. Do you know what would cause this or if there is another way to get the IP address? If not, I will try this on another computer over the weekend.

• Nancy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi again,

I figured out that I didn't need that if I went to the second option. I did it and thought I had done so successfully, but I don't see Languages showing up in my settings. Now that I looked further on the instructions, I realize this may not be what I need anyway. I thought this would enable readers to translate my postings into their language. Does it do that? The instructions make it seem like it only enables me to post in the various languages.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Nancy,

Thanks for your post.

It enables you to add languages to your WordPress site and when your users signup on your WordPress site, they can choose the language of their choice for the administration menu.

If you are looking to write posts in different languages, you should look at : http://wpml.org/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.