How do I get my popup pro pop up to close once I submit a form?

To Whom it May Concern,

I am using the Popup pro plug in. Everything works pretty fantastically with this plugin. I do, however, have one question: once I fill out the form (my pop up asks people to sign up for my blog) and click the join button, how do I get the pop up to fade away? As of right now, once I fill out the form on my pop up window and click join, I see a little spinning wheel (telling me that my form has been submitted) but then the pop up remains. I would like it to disappear. How do I achieve this?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nicholas,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have just tested it on your site http://www.nicholaswilton.com and found the pop up gets closed on submitting the form.

This is because you are using Form Submit method to " Refresh PopUp or close (default)" in the Behavior section of the pop up as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Is it working fine now or are you having issue on another site?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nicholas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Vinod.

I guess what is happening is that the pop up ad - once I submit information - does not close. instead, it refreshes - meaning that the information I put in disappears but the actual pop up window remains. I have tried this on several different computers, all with the same result. Once the information is submitted, the form simply refreshes itself and remains on the page. I would like it to close. Is there some step that I have missed perhaps?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for granting the support staff access.

I have tested it again on your site using Chrome browser and found the pop up is getting closed successfully on submitting the form.

The pop up is getting closed but do you want it not to display again on page refresh?

Please advise.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nicholas

Vinod,

The browser that I have used to check out the pop up ad are firefox and safari, so perhaps the issue is related to that.

I have attached a video showing exactly what I am referring to. At the end you will see that the pop up ad, after having the form submitted, refreshes itself and stays on the screen. I would like it to disappear after the form has been submitted.

• Nicholas

Vinod,

My apologies - I tried to upload a video showing what I was talking about but was unable to. I have attached several screen shots instead showing what I am referring to.

In screen shot 1 you see the pop up as it appears when I open my window. Screen shot 2 is what the pop up looks like once I have filled out the form and submitted it. I would the pop up to disappear entirely once the form is submitted. However, it sounds like you are saying this is indeed what occurs. If that is the case, then I think we can assume the issue is coming from my end, and is not due to any particular setting with the pop up itself.

What do you think?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I could confirm the issue on your site by testing it on the firefox browser that the pop up doesn't get closed on submitting the form but it's working fine on Chrome browser.

I have notified the plugin developer about it so that it can be fixed.

It will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Nicholas and Vinod!

I've just updated the PopUp scripts and tested them in Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
    The popup is correctly closed now after the form was submitted.

We have also added a new option to the form submit actions "Always close after submit", which will ensure that the popup is closed after the form was submitted.

This change will be included in the next update to version 4.8.0.0

• Nicholas

Fantastic! Thank you so much for all of your help! Honestly, everyone I have had the pleasure of interacting with at WPMUDEV has been thorough, courteous and extremely knowledgeable. Seriously you guys are awesome.

May I ask when we may expect the next update?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.