How do I get my WP & Facebook comments to appear with unified formatting?

I have reviewed all the forum posts I could find on this issue, but none resolved my problem.

On the page below, you can see comments posted on the page via Facebook and comments imported from Facebook (WP comments at the top). The comments are currently segregated into separate sections, I want them listed together.

http://mfa.tekgrl.net/our-family-album-more-pictures/

I do have both boxes checked in the settings. The comment form is showing up, it is just that the posted comments aren’t listing together.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello, @brandy:

It seems that by design Facebook doesn’t want their comment box to look any other way than like it does on Facebook.

I’ve seen the Facebook comment box on several sites, and it looks just like it does on Facebook.

My take on it is that they’ve done this for brand recognition. They want people to know they’re commenting using Facebook’s comment system, even if you’re commenting outside of Facebook.

If someone can show you differently that it can be made to integrate flawlessly with your theme design, please let me know, because I might consider using it if I can do that.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Brandy,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Facebook comments and Comments imported from facebook work differently. Comments imported from facebook are the comments which are made on the blog posts shared on your facebook wall via autoposting !

On the other hand, Facebook comments are the comments made via facebook on your WordPress site with an option to post that on the posters wall.

While I am not aware of a way to make both of them appear together, I have called in our lead developer @vladislav to see if he can give us a some direction on this one !

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Brandy
    • New Recruit

Thanks PC.

Based on the video instructions regarding the settings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42UfDHIU9ZA&feature=share&list=PLV1BcivFAIdtOy-6iY4Da_9Ol1qV5xPj4

At 4:29 the information in the video led me to believe that checking the second box would only use Facebook comments on my site. Thus, any imported comments would also appear within the Facebook comments. I’m fine with all the comments being formatted in the Facebook style, I just need them to appear together.

Looking forward to hearing from @vladislav.

-B

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Actually, the two systems are separate, and a but different. The comments imported by the plugin will become regular WordPress comments on your site. The Facebook Comments, on the other hand, are a front-end for posting comments which is entirely managed by Facebook, in both appearance and operation. As @faydra_deon and @pc said, they’re coming from Facebook, and their appearance is controlled by what their component exposes, which isn’t a lot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.