How do I get rid of the affiliate debug bar, but still keep the pro-site add-on?

hi there,

The affiliate debug bar is very useful but also highly annoying. The affiliate add-on package that includes the debugging bar also includes the pro-sites add-on, but they cannot be activated individually.

I am looking for a way to turn off the debug bar while still maintaining the pro-site affiliate add-on. Not sure why they were all packaged together.

Thanks

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey @magicdood,

Can you try upgrading to the latest version? I see you're back one release.

The Pro Sites runs on a network level, so you need to have affiliates network activated before you can use the Pro Sites add-ons.

You would also be able to activate the other add-ons if you had the respective plugins installed. They won't activate because they require functions that aren't available without those plugins.

Best regards,

• magicdood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ahhh,

Ok so network activating affiliates solves the issue of being able to individually activate the pro-sites add-on, but now there is another issue.

If a plugin is network activated it is available to any and all sites on my network. I would like affiliates to only be available to paid pro-site user, not free levels. Anyway to fix this, without having to override the setting for each individual site?

Thanks for the help so far!

• magicdood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Alright scratch that last post.

When I network activate affiliates it adds the ability for all of my users to join the affiliate program via their user settings on their site dashboard, which is awesome.

However, what if I wanted to give them the ability to create their own affiliate program? When the plugin is network activated there is no longer the option for them to create their own program, or at least not one I'm seeing. Thanks for the continued help.

-Magicdood

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@magicdood

However, what if I wanted to give them the ability to create their own affiliate program? When the plugin is network activated there is no longer the option for them to create their own program, or at least not one I'm seeing. Thanks for the continued help.

Correct, as you have figured out you can't have both a network level affiliate system and a site specific affiliate system. The plugin currently only allows one of the other. This is something we hope to correct in near future versions.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@magicdood,

Not to try and confuse you but I sort of mis-spoke on my last reply. There is a secret setting which will allow you to run multiple affiliate programs within your site.

If you add the following define to your wp-config.php it will enable each sub-site to have its own affiliate database tables.

define('AFFILIATE_USE_GLOBAL_IF_NETWORK_ACTIVATED','no');

Internally the plugin defaults this to 'yes' meaning for all sites it uses the Network base tables.

The problem with this design is that each set of tables is stand alone. So for one from the Network you would not be able to see the progress of sub-site affiliate systems. And this is global. Meaning each site wether they elect to enable affiliates on the site or not will get the 3 affiliate tables created.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.