How do I get "Select a subject" to work?

I am using Appointment+ for academic tutoring purposes. Please see: http://tutoringformula.com/our-subjects/online-booking

1. If you Select a Subject, say "Honors Physics", the page refreshes back to the top most option, AP Chemistry. Nothing is refreshed.

I was looking for ways to troubleshoot this problem by looking for Javascript or PHP problems but couldn't find any... sorry. Please advice. I did Browser Inspector for Javascript errors and came up with nothing and enabled DEBUG true on wp-config.php and nothing came up.

2. Another is when you select anything from "Or do you have a tutor you prefer?", when it refreshes, nothing happens. Please advice.

3. Regarding "My Appointments", I understand this feature is for logged in users? When I view this page without being logged in (to simulate visitors' view), I still see it. Does this section save appointments for visitors as well?

4. Regarding the "Please click to confirm appointment" button, how can I add a "class" to the HTML markup of this code (and every other button for this plugin)? I am using a theme called Enfold and there is a class called "button" for each button to be uniformly styled.

Sorry for stacking the questions. I hope you can help me. That's all for now. Please let me know if I need to create a test admin for your troubleshooting. Thank you.

• Elliott Bristow

Hi anne,

Points 1 and 2 are linked I believe. The page isn't supposed to refresh at all, it's just supposed to update. The fact that it's refreshing suggests that there is something else interfering, perhaps something in your theme or perhaps another plugin.

Have you tried temporarily switching to another theme to see if the page still refreshes with the default content? If it doesn't then your theme is running some extra javascript to refresh the page. If it DOES still happen, your theme is not at fault and it's possible another plugin is causing the issue. Try the theme first (because it's the easiest to fix) and we'll take it from there

The My Appointments section is there to show the user what appointments they have booked. I'm assuming you have added it via a shortcode (since this is not the default booking page) so if you add the shortcode the box will display regardless of whether a user is logged in or not.... however they won't be able to track their appointments unless they're logged in.

To add a class to the confirmation button, you might need to employ some custom jQuery, which would search for the button on the screen and add the button class to it... something like:

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
       $('input[type="button"]').addClass("button");
    });
    </script>

if you add that to your footer just before the closing body tag it should ensure all input buttons get the button class

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.