How do I get Social media to appear on my pages

Hi,

I have activated Floating Social (please note I am using CoursePress Pro theme).

I have checked the social media icons that I wish to have appear, but nothing comes up on my pages.

Cheers,
Kelly

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Kelly-maree,

Since there are now few questions here let me answer them one by one :slight_smile:

I have checked the social media icons that I wish to have appear, but nothing comes up on my pages.

Make sure that you didn't disable floating share for pages in plugin settings, see screenshot attached.

okay showing up on courses... but what is it doing adding it to my fb page if so cant see it there?

Could you please elaborate this question a bit more, I'm not sure to what are you referring?

Yuck - dont like the way it looks lol

Sorry to hear that, the plugin uses default look of social networks with a background around it.
    You can use Additional CSS field from plugin settings to add CSS code and customize the look, if you can tell us what are you looking for maybe we could help out with this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kelly!

I think adding the below code to the "Additional CSS" box on your "Floating Social" settings page should align icons horizontally:

.page div#wdsb-share-box {
       width: initial;
    }

#wdsb-share-box > ul > li {
       display: inline-block !important;
       vertical-align: top;
      list-style-type: none!important;
    }

#wdsb-share-box > ul > li > .wdsb-item {
       width: initial !important;
    }

You might need to tweak it a bit by adding width/height rules but generally this should make a floating social box horizontal.

Most likely this will also get rid of bullets. Let me know please how it worked for you!

Have a great day!
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Kelly-maree,

In your plugin settings Show on archive pages: option was set to no, I have changed this option to Yes for you and you should also see it now on Blog page.

As for the positioning, adding it under the main heading wouldn't be useful in my opinion as it would look like the example attached below.

I have positioned it in top right in your header so please check your site and let me know if you like it this way :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.